As a New Year begins, many of us take a moment to reflect on the last 12 months.
And what a 12 months it has been! 2016 has been given a pretty hard time in the media, understandably, a lot of shit has happened and some questionable big changes are occurring (or not occurring) in the world.
However, I’m pretty sure a lot of good happened to and it’s far too easy to concentrate on the negative.
Wanting to put a positive spin on the end of an eventful year, I took action and did what I know best, I made a list! Of the achievements and good things that happened to me this year, some big, some small. And as I scribbled away, I was surprised about how much I wrote down! Of course, this list is personal to me and it’s not a way to brag, but a way to encourage you to do the same. You don’t even have to read my list, however, take 10 minutes of your time to write your own, and I think you’ll surprise yourself with how much you achieved. Then give yourself a pat on the back, do a victory dance and start 2017 with the motivation to exceed your 2016 accomplishments.
2016 – The Good Bits.
– I travelled to Amsterdam, Vienna, La Palma, England, and various places in Germany.
– I booked my first BIG trip to Chile in March 2017.
– I had some exhausting but amazing weeks teaching English to children in Germany and in the process met some great people.
– I created over 25 pieces of new artwork. (this one surprised me the most)
– I delved deeper into my ‘Art Beneath Our Feet’ project.
– I have a never ending list of new project ideas.
– I strengthened some already great friendships and caught up with old friends I hadn’t seen for years.
– We celebrated multiple marriages and engagements of friends.
– I helped a friend out with their English and enjoyed seeing them improve and grow in confidence.
– I grew in confidence with the German language and tackled some ‘day to day’ things alone, like dental appointments, doctors appointments, and other official stuff.
– I started a blog and I found out that I really enjoy writing, even if there’s great room for improvement.
– I FINALLY got my website together.
– I became aware of practicing mindfulness and I can feel it working!!! It’s slow progress but I already feel a healthy shift in my mindset. Here’s a link to the blog that helps me – zenhabits.net
– I was given the opportunity to move to a new country in 2017.
– I found and secured a place to live in Madrid.
– I successfully applied for a job I NEVER thought I would get which has set my path in a completely new direction.
It will once again allow me to experience the joys and exhaustion of living in a new country, learning a new language and skills and meeting new people …
2017 I already know you are going to be a wild ride and I can’t wait to get started!
I’d love to hear your achievements for 2016, feel free to share in the comments or get in touch via social media or email! Happy New Year.